Thursday 9 August 2012

Pink Shaded Birthday Cupcakes.

Yesterday was mum's birthday and I had the night off from work. It was the perfect day to finally bake something!  I chose a cake/cupcake technique from my Food and Recipe board, which has been all over Pinterest; colourful layers - very popular in the form of a rainbow.

I bought Betty Crocker Strawberry Cupcakes and used a very basic version of this technique and baked the layers together. After splitting the mixture into three portions, I gradually added pink food dye to only the second portions as the first was already a pale pink. The one issue I found with this technique is, the layers end up a little uneven. That being said, I would love to try a rainbow cake with individual layers soon!

I also bought some shiny aluminium wrapper to bake the cupcakes in but little did I realise the mixture already provides pink wrappers. Now I have extra and they looked really pretty together! Mum's favourite colour is pink so that's a bonus too.


The packets never come with enough icing to decorate all the cakes. Noted.

And the result..

Tada!


I've also got a DIY to post but I've gotta get to the shop before work.
-Elle
x





No comments:

Post a Comment